Monday, February 5, 2007

ITASA 2007

Taiwan-America desu.

Just got back from Harvard for the Intercollegiate Taiwanese-American Student Association conference. It was quite fun, meeting new people from all over the northeast, but not as many as I had hoped.

My team (with help from 3 MIT girls) won the IRON CHEF competition! WOOT! The clincher? Glutinous rice balls with red bean paste and tomato seeds. Yeah - the secret ingredient was tomatoes. Pretty hard, but we had amazing comments, and they were genuinely impressed!

I had a lot of fun, and hopefully can keep in touch with some people. Seminars were nothing special so that was disappointing, but definitely had memorable times.

Studying all this hiragana is very difficult - ahhh.

Ja mata, raishu.

2 comments:

Satomi said...

I'm a TA who visited your class last Tuesday.

konnichiwa!
are you struggling with Hiragana? but I think the number of Chinese character is much more. So I'm sure you can master all hiragana soon.

satoza said...

おめでとうございます (Congratulations)!

Red beans with tomato do not sound exciting, but I would love to try....!